At Ricotta Heating & Air, the telephone lines are heating up because our customers know cooling time is just around the corner – time to ready the air conditioning system!
Or not. Lots of homeowners ignore spring servicing and flip on the A/C for the first time, crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.
Although I’m all for saving a buck when possible, here’s why Spring Maintenance Service on your air conditioner is well worth the service call – and can save you cool cash in the long run:
Three seasons’ worth of accumulated dirt, leaves, grass clippings, dandelion silver, cottonwood tree “cotton” , and other debris clogs the cooling fins and lowers your unit’s efficiency. A really dirty A/C may even stop cooling altogether! Did you know that according to Readers Digest.com perhaps as much as 90 percent of air-conditioner failures were the result of owners failing to clean them! (Yikes!)
So what’s involved in a “Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance?”
Ricotta Heating and Air Conditioning is efficient and thorough. And – if you don’t mind a bit of bragging, we’re the best at what we do. After all, we’re a family company with over 60 years of servicing the St. Louis metro area, from North County to Festus! Here’s what our technicians are specifically trained to do:
- We examine, clean, repair and lubricate all parts, from exterior compressor/condenser to interior ductwork, air handlers and heat pumps
- Check the refrigerant level and quality, replacing as necessary
- Check the indoor evaporator coil and the insulation
- Clean the exterior condenser coil
- Oil and check motor for leaks on older models
- Check the evaporator coil and drain for mold, sludge and algae
- Check compressor for electrical problems
- Clean blower compartments
- Clean and recondition dehumidifier of mold
- Clean condenser tube
So now you know! It’s totally COOL to schedule a Ricotta spring service call this month.
Be cool and stay cool this summer!
by Lew of the Ricotta Blog Team