You can be your heating and cooling system’s best friend by thinking like a Ricotta Heating & Air service technician – or even better, “becoming” the system itself. Very zen-like! Very kind to your wallet, too. Because the cleaner your heating and cooling system is, the more efficiently it operates. And the more efficiently it operates, the less it breaks down.
Not a do-it-your-selfer? Consider a Ricotta Heating & Air service agreement, and we will take care of this for you!
* It’s simple, tried & true: Change your filter a minimum of every six months to avoid the need for most service calls. Based on your specific system, you may need to change air filters as often as monthly. Check your equipment guide or contact Ricotta Heating & Air to be sure.
* Less dust – better breathing. A new filter helps avoid respiratory difficulties, allergies, and illness due to the circulation of bad air in your home.
* Clogged filters reduce air flow and makes your heating and air system work 5 – 15% as hard and may cause equipment to malfunction or stop operating altogether.
* Additionally, excess dirt in the filter could migrate and cause damage to motors, fans or coils.
What about choosing the right filter?
* “Efficiency ratings” of a filter measure of the number of particles and contaminates removed from the air by your air filter. This is extremely important when you, or a family member, have asthma or allergies. The higher the rating, the more efficiently the filter works to keep dust and allergens out of your home.
* Fit is key! Be sure your air filter fits the air return properly. You want the air to move through the filter, not around it.? Make sure you buy the correct size for your furnace needs.
A little zen maintenance goes a long way. Your Ricotta Heating & Air system will thank you with long faithful service if you treat it right!
-Lew of the Ricotta blog team